Friday, January 12, 2018

Cities In Search Of A Heart

The last few months I've been listening to a lot The Movielife. Especially This Time Next Year received a lot of play time. So when I read that the band was about to release a new LP I was kind of stoked, but after the initial feeling of happiness I became weary. So far the track record of bands getting back together and releasing good records has been rather bad. Refused and Burn come to mind as recent examples. I decided to give it a shot anyway. Cities In Search Of A Heart isn't a bad record. It doesn't sound anything like old The Movielife and once you get over that, the LP is quite enjoyable. I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but I have the feeling this is a grower. On the plus side, my wife is really into this record, so the decision to get a copy was definitely a good one.


1 comment:

  1. I downloaded this and got through 2 songs before turning it off. But this makes me want to give it another try...

    ReplyDelete